Blog Viewers

Jumanne, 11 Februari 2014

10th February 2014. Vsetín, Zlín Region

Vsetín is a town in Zlín Region of the Czech Republic. It has around 28,500 inhabitants and lies on the Vsetínská Bečva river.The area around Vsetín, called Vsetínsko, is spread out on the foothills of the Vsetín

This is where I need to go for migrant’s registration because it is the nearest point in Zlín Region from the district of Frydek Mistek . An alien is obliged, within 3 working days from the date of his/her entry into the Territory of Czech Republic, to report his/her presence and the place of his/her residence in the Territory to the police – Residence Administration Unit of Alien Police Department within Regional Police Directorate having territorial competency according to the reported place of the alien's residence. This obligation does not apply to an alien younger than 15 years of age

If an alien fails to fulfill the obligation to report the place of his/her residence in the Territory, he/she commits an administrative offence. For this offence, a fine (a penalty) of up to 3 000,- CZK can be imposed
I don’t want to commit an administrative offence so I and Zuzana woke early in the morning not to be late for the train running to Frydek Mistek where we would catch the earliest bus to Vsetín.

Right on time, we board a bus at 7:35. The journey to Vsetín took 1 hour 45 minutes. It is a first time for all of us being in this town but we had a map,it was a little easier to find a Police station building but unfortunately we were in the wrong building despite of asking some guy at the front desk, we were in Městská policie ( City Police) it is a department which does not deal with my case of Alien registration.  In the same building we entered in an evidence room where we asked for the right office. It was about three blocks away, not bad it is quiet near, but then in the right building we entered the wrong door. There was an officer, a good one, he said we should go out and enter the next door.

We are now in the right office, with two friendly officers. They were surprised to have a Tanzanian in their office as none from this part of Africa has ever been there before

It did not take too long to finish my registration after I provided all necessary documents. A moment later we left the building for the coffee and tea while waiting for the bus. It is about time, we moved to the bus terminal and try to find our right Nástupište (Platform). It was Nástupište 2.

Few minutes later, the bus driver came and opened the door ready to sell tickets, Zuzana asked me to buy tickets for us, she thought I wasn’t able to do it because of the language. I was behind three other passengers buying tickets. When my turn came I stepped up into the bus and the driver was a abit stuck, he did not know what to say to me, so I started
“Dobrý den!”
“Dobrý” he replied
“Frýdek-Místek” I said while showing him 2 fingers meaning I need two tickets and gave him 200 Czech Crowns. He printed our two tickets and I pulled them from the printer and said; 
“Děkuji !” 
“Prosim” he replied while smiling to Zuzana and told her that I was good. Zuzana said to me;
 “it is very funny travelling with you, may be back home this driver will tell his wife that he met a black man who can speak Czech, but unfortunately we won't be able to find out if he said or not”.


In Frýdek-Místek we stopped by a super market where I changed dollars to Czech Crowns and went to another shop where Zuzana bought a pen.

We then returned home, took our lunch and went to sleep for a moment then at 17:00 Zuzana took me to Tomas’s new house in Dobratice where I had a meeting withTomas, Michaela and Michal. My bag was finally there delivered from Ostrava airport to Tomas's house

It was a good meeting started by catching up old days and then we discussed the plans and duties for the whole February. We also discussed a bit about the future of Bez mamy and how we can make our activities in a much more formal plan.





Hakuna maoni:

Chapisha Maoni