Blog Viewers

Ijumaa, 14 Februari 2014

13 February-TEAM BUILDING TRIP TO MOUNT PRAŠIVÁ

Any team needs to bring its team members together by making some trips,playing games or eat together, so is Bez mamy. We had this plan four days ago.

I started being ready for this day at 4pm in Ostrava when I left Portas office to the photos exhibition  with Lukas Zavadil of  Polar TV, at 5:30pm we started driving to Frydek-Mistek to meet Zuzana and Michal. After we met Zuzana on her way from work Lukas had to leave us and we then had to get Michal from his flat and started driving to Dobratice to get Tomas and Michaela for the trip to Prašivá mountain.
Unfortunately Zuzana and Gabriela did not go with us so the team building was for only 4 organization members,Me, Michal, Tomas and Michaela.

It was dark, very windy,snowy and cold for me but as we started climbing the mountain I started feeling much warmer and sweaty. On top of Prašivá mountain there is a church, we stopped there for a while for prayers and then proceeded to the pub. The pub was closed so we had to go back to Restaurace Kohutka(Chicken Restaurant) where we parked our car, before we started walking down the mountain,Michal asked if would I like to see a snowman.

“But there is no snowman here“,I said
“Yes but would you like to see a snowman?“ he asked again.

Before I could say anything he jumped on me,together with Tomas they put me on the ground with my face on the snow ,It was too freezing as if I was taken in a fridge but it was ok as it was part of games for team building.
Quickly you might think it is nonsense to do these kind of trips and games but believe me I have experiance about this from Milicom International Celular where I was working before,it helps to bring workers together
We continuned walking down the mountain then took a car to Konicek pub for dinner and drinks then went home to sleep.


14th February-SCHOOL TO SCHOOL PROJECT PRESENTATION IN DOBRATICE
At 9:00am,Zuzi,Michaela and Me were at the front door of Dobratice school, a partner school of Ilenge. Zuzi just drove us there and she had to go back for other responsibilities. Me and Michaela proceeded inside the school building. On the way in we met a mayor of the village, she greet us and introduced herself to me and was looking forward to meet again.
The presentation was very nice as the children where happy to know more about Africa and Tanzania,moreover to know how was their money useful. With Michaela as my “google transilator“, we explained how is Ilenge and the progress of the class construction.

At the end Michaela explained to the children about books reading program whereby whoever reads a book will take online quiz with question from the book and after answering all question correctly will be awarded some money which will go to Bez mamy for supporting African projects

All kids where happy to be part of this program.

Children also had a chance to ask me some questions, many question were asked but the funniest question was why was I born black? And my reply was why were you born white? Everybody in the room bursted into laughter and smile   

Hakuna maoni:

Chapisha Maoni