Blog Viewers

Jumatatu, 17 Februari 2014

Projekt Skola Skole - Uherský Brod Újezdec & Uherský Brod

It is 9:00 am at Sumice 491 in the house of Ondrej Horecky, the door bell rang, it was Eliska Novakova coordinator of School for School project. She arrived to pick me up for project presentation at Uherský Brod Újezdec & Uherský Brod, partner schools of Mahango and Simike.

Ondrej was abit sad as I just spent one night in his house then I have to go but we will soon meet again in Prague end of this week.

We left Ondrej’s house for Uherský Brod Újezdec school, We couldn’t find the school before but then after asking someone on the road we got a right way.

Children were there waiting for this moment. Children of Both schools, Uherský Brod Újezdec & Uherský Brod were very good as they know a lot about Tanzania, nature and especially Mount Kilimanjaro; they even asked what FC Barcelona’s Lionel Messi was doing on Mount Kilimanjaro. I had to explain that Kilimanjaro is a very famous destination in Africa.

 Im glad all teachers from both schools were very happy for my visit. It is a good status for our project


Nobody before in my life ever asked for my autograph but in Uherský Brod Újezdec children were asking for my autograph. We were late for Uherský Brod but I wasn’t able to do anything, I must sign their autographs no matter how late we were, it was their happiness and was my pleasure to do it because this is one of the schools supporting schools in Tanzania

Uherský Brod.
We arrived in Uherský Brod 15 minutes late but nobody was angry of us. I must say Uherský Brod was the best school as most of students could ask questions in English, I couldn’t hide that,I told them how good they are and congratulated their teachers for a good job.

After the presentation we showed them some videos of safaris in Tanzania, Tanzanian Music and Masai Dance. One girl asked me to sing and dance for them. I sang a Swahili song from Kenya “Jambo” and danced Tanzanian Hip Hop mostly know as Bongo flavor, two boys joined this short "school disco".

It was perfect end of my best presentations ever

I and Eliska were invited for lunch at the school canteen. When eating an assistant head teacher offered me a job to teach English at their school for one year. I told her I don’t know what to answer her because I currently have Bez mamy’s responsibilities in Tanzania and I think it is important for me to be in Africa than Europe


Luhacovice Spa
After I finished the presentation at Uherský Brod school, I had 2 hours before I catch a bus at Luhacovice to Frydek-Mistek. It was too long to wait at the bus station so Eliska decided to take me to Luhacovice Spa. Before, I found that Luhacovice Spa was a new name to me but later when I was there I remembered that I have been there in 1998

At 15:35 I left Luhacovice for Frydek Mistek where Michal Sotak was waiting for me at the bus station. I arrived at 18:00.

Hakuna maoni:

Chapisha Maoni